Horizon Civitas mission is to enhance civic engagement, strengthen the level of democracy in society, and help the full implementation of freedoms and human rights.
WHO ARE WE?
Horizon Civitas was founded on November 2017 as an organization for encouraging civic activism and social responsibility.
Horizon Civita’s mission is to enhance civic engagement, strengthen the level of democracy in society, and help the full implementation of freedoms and human rights.
Our vision is to broaden horizon of citizens in order to take actions for positive changes in their society.
- To initiate the development in the field of social, cultural and policy-making activities of citizens in order to raise awareness of active and responsible participation in the society.
- To establish network for easily bringing together people who wish to contribute in local and national level with their activism within the framework of social responsibility.
- To develop social and cultural competences and skills of participants through exchange of ideas and experiences.
- To enable equal participation of citizens in implementation of their rights and freedoms in Republic of Macedonia, through projects and coordination of activities.
- Implementation of projects in the field of civic engagement, multiculturalism, education and public policy.
- Developing various activities that enable space to citizens to express the public opinion in specific issues of society.
- Networking through cooperation with local, national and international partner organizations by holding meetings in order to make better social conditions for citizens and greater social responsibility.
- Organization of free courses, trainings, conferences, panel discussions and meetings for exchanging views and improving the knowledge of participants.
- Advocacy for protecting the rights of citizens, guaranteed within the framework of Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia, in front of governmental institutions, if they are abused.